If you’ve been cited for OVI/DUI in the Napoleon area, (Bowling Green, Perrysburg, Maumee, Northwood, Walbridge, Sylvania, Oregon, Toledo), we can help you.
- 180 days in jail (Ohio misdemeanor)
- $1,000 fine + court costs (Ohio misdemeanor)
- driver’s license suspension
- points charged to your driver’s license
- employment related consequences
- increased insurance premiums
- expensive BMV reinstatement fees
- special license plates and/or ignition interlock
- substance abuse treatment
- Felony charges in certain situations
Every state has some sort of “drunk driving” statute. The term “drunk driving” is in quotes because none of these laws require that you be “drunk” or “intoxicated” to be guilty. All that is required is that your ability to operate a vehicle has been impaired to any extent at all or that your Blood alcohol level exceeds the state limit (which is now .08% in all states). The consequences of OVI differ drastically from state to state and are influenced by your age, blood alcohol limit (BAC), whether you have been arrested for OVI in the past, and whether you caused injury or death during the OVI. Special rules apply to underage defendants.
An experienced France Law Group attorney will guide you through these difficult times. The process begins with a FREE CONSULTATION and upon retainer representation can begin immediately. In some cases we are able to stand in place of our clients at certain stages of the case, which helps reduce client inconvenience and loss of time at work. Whether your goal is taking the matter to trial or letting us clean up a messy situation, we will stand strong in your corner.